Project Engineer / Draughtsman
A manufacturing company in Swansea has an immediate position available for a Project Engineers / Draughtsmen to join its experienced office engineering team.
This rapidly expanding company manufactures bespoke pressure vessels and heat exchangers for British and foreign customers in the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries.
The role involves taking control of highly demanding projects from order stage through to completion, carrying out the following responsibilities.
* Interpret customer design requirements from data sheets, drawings and specifications.
* Ensure the project conforms with international design codes and customer specifications.
* Prepare detailed fabrication drawings using 2D AutoCAD software.
* Prepare quality control documentation for workshop personnel.
* Allocate purchase orders for materials and sub-contractor services.
* Control project budget.
* Monitor project progress to ensure customer delivery dates are met.
* Liaise with customers, inspectors and third party personnel.
* Work in conjunction with office engineering staff and workshop supervisors.
The candidate must be highly motivated and possess strong communication, organisational and multi-tasking skills. The candidate must also be competent in the use of AutoCAD (2D) and Microsoft Office software such as Word, Project and Excel.
Applicants must be qualified to a minimum of HNC level in a mechanical engineering discipline and show relevant experience of controlling engineering projects.
Experience of Heat Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, CNC Programming or Mechanical Design would be beneficial as well as the knowledge of ASME, PD5500 or TEMA design codes.
Please contact Totec on 01792 763322 for more details. Alternatively, if you wish to apply send your CV to email@example.com. (Please be assured that all enquiries are treated with the strictest confidence.)
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot, Llanelli, Carmarthen, Bridgend
Salary : Circa £30000
Date Advertised : 06 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.