Marketing & Sales Manager
Marketing professional with experience in the leisure sector required for one of Wales' largest family attractions. Reporting to the Park Director your primary focus will be to drive the business forward using innovative marketing and sales techniques to increase visitor numbers, revenue and market share.
Your interpersonal skills will be excellent, ensuring you can build successful and professional relationships both externally and internally. You will help develop the sales systems and actively encourage a 'sales culture'.
You will be responsible for generating new business to achieve our ambitious growth strategy and aspiration to become the most desired leisure attraction to visit in the UK.
Key Aims of the Role
* To develop strategies in order to grow the business and ensure maximum exposure within the Welsh/Irish and UK markets.
* To build brand awareness through building and capitalising on a wide range of network of contacts externally
* Develop a detailed Marketing Plan and implement the communications strategies (media - traditional, digital, and social; PR, and sales promotions) using agencies, specialists, and market research where appropriate.
* To make sure all marketing and PR activity is commercially driven, with measurable results
* Analysing, understanding and getting to know the local community and surrounding areas as well as the competition in the area
* Management of third party and partnership relationships including contact generation, pitch presentations, deal negotiation and successful implementation of activity
In this pivotal role of Marketing and Sales Manager, you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* You will need a minimum of 5 years experience in FMCG or leisure related marketing/sales experience.
* Educated to degree level
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead and influence across all levels
* Ability to challenge the status quo and generate breakthrough, to think and act ahead with optimism and a 'can do attitude'
* Able to take initiative and measured risks, willing to experiment in an uncertain environment
* Proven history of securing high profile national and local partnerships and delivering a positive return on investment
* Although not essential it would be desirable for you to have had previous experience in sponsorship sales
As an experienced sales and marketing professional you will have excellent negotiating skills, brand management, sales and networking skills as well as a proven track record of building professional relationships. Your creative flair will ensure you are always thinking outside the box and are innovative in your ideas you bring to the table.
This is a full time post which involves working 5 days a week and often includes working weekends and Bank Holidays and late nights during the season.
A full driving licence and a car owner are essential criteria.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Pembrokeshire, Tenby, Haverfordwest, Carmarthen, Swansea, Cardigan
Salary : £25K - £28K
Date Advertised : 30 Dec 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.