General Manager Manufacturing Operations
GENERAL MANAGER MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
BASED PORT TALBOT SALARY £60-90,000 PER ANNUM PLUS BENEFITS
Based in Port Talbot South Wales, Edgar Stewarts client is a successful owner managed manufacturer of health food supplements, principally into the own brand marketplace and has key accounts in the UK, Europe and North America. The company has the capability to manufacture most dosage forms. Ongoing commercial success, and a sustained period of change management and continuous improvement means they now need to make the key hire of a General Manager to oversee all manufacturing and supply chain operations.
Reporting into the Managing Director / Owner, the General Manager Manufacturing Operations will take full responsibility for the manufacturing division of the group. As a business division this has third party and group customers producing a turnover of circa £8 million per annum. Key responsibilities should include:
* Be responsible for the business division which has direct customers including multi-national retailers, as well as a significant level of inter group trade which is the vehicle which channels export sales.
* Reporting to the Managing Director (owner) an integral member of the board with line management responsibility for the operations and manufacturing senior management team.
* Supporting the MD/Owner in delivering the agreed operational sales and EBITDA forecasts set and agreed by the board.
* Manage and control the supply chain, planning, and manufacturing operations of the group to ensure that customer requirements of OTIF supply of high quality products are adequately and consistently achieved.
* Implement a programme of continuous improvements in lean supply chain and manufacturing processes, in order to drive increased profitability, via improved production efficiency, supply chain logistics and stock optimisation, and waste reduction.
* Maintain a culture of quality and safety across the two manufacturing sites.
* Motivate and develop the existing operations and manufacturing middle management team to ensure that the objectives outlined above are achieved through continuous improvement.
Educated to degree calibre in a technical or manufacturing discipline (MBA preferred), you are experienced in leading large operational and multi-functional teams in a high mix, complex manufacturing environment with working knowledge of Lean or Six Sigma. This would sit candidates from within volume food and drink manufacturing environments, pharmaceutical, FMCG and other volume environments with a large number of product mixes. We will look to consider candidates from other lean and change focused world class manufacturing businesses. We are keen to hear from Operations Managers, Operations Directors, Managing Directors and General Managers.
A natural leader you will have a proven track record of successful change management and effectively developing and building high performance teams. Open minded and flexible you will thrive operating in a fast pace, often changing and challenging environment.
The next few years are set to be really exciting and changing times for this company. With the feel of a much larger business in terms of complexity and culture this is a superb opportunity for an aspiring or experienced Operations Manager / Director to play their part leading a medium sized organisation as part of a main board of Directors. He/she will also benefit from the chance to play a supporting role to other functions like accountancy, sales and key account management giving the role a real general manager feel.
A highly competitive basic salary (£60-90,000 dependent on experience), plus a comprehensive benefits package including, car, pension and performance related bonus is on offer for the right candidate.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to our retained recruitment partner Bruce Hydes at Edgar Stewart Selection or call 0845 034 2182.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Port Talbot
Salary : £60k - £90k pa + Excellent Benefits Package
Date Advertised : 05 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.