Solutions Architect - London
An excellent position has arisen for a Solutions Architect with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
Serco is a FTSE 100 international service company with 100,000 people, in 700 contracts, in 30 countries. Our approach has made us one of the world's leading service companies and our vision is to be the world's greatest.
Due to increased growth our customer is looking to recruit a Solutions Architect based on site in our customer's offices in London.
Serco's customer is aiming to reduce the number of websites managed by them to three main websites.
Special areas of interest are therefore:
- Amalgamation of existing websites, incorporation into the new corporate website
- Impact on backend systems providing content for the new corporate website (e.g. static and dynamic content)
- Interoperability of systems, for example:
- Workflow between Documentum content Management system and Web content Management system
- Direct data feed to websites from various databases
The successful candidate is expected to have the following knowledge/skills:
* Minimum experience of 3 years as a solution architect in delivering corporate web site solutions for multinational organisations or government agencies
* Working experience delivering web site solutions, publishing static and dynamic content, with structured and unstructured data, originating from different data sources, including a data warehouse
* Experience in defining the architecture of websites that would be available to desktop and mobile users alike
* Working experience delivering solutions on the EMC Documentum platform
* Working experience in designing web site solutions targeting different stakeholder groups using a common set of data sources
* Provide tailored and relevant advice based on a complete understanding of the circumstances and a detailed and extensive knowledge of both the business and application domains.
* Translate business requirements into high level solution design
* Excellent knowledge of English as this is the customer's main working language
* Expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, application design, systems engineering and integration
The key tasks / expected deliverables are:
* Analyse and translate business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve the business objectives for the online roadmap in-line with the ICT Strategy.
* Propose changes in process and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
* Deliver a solution architecture document for the proposed solution based on technical and business requirements
* Validate the proposed solution on its feasibility
* Work closely with Enterprise Architecture, application and infrastructure teams
* Analyse impact of on-going work of external company working on new corporate website front-end design, and intranet strategy
* Analyse impact of stakeholder needs / requirements for current Web Content Management and Document Management system
* Analyse impact of stakeholder needs / requirements for databases feeding the new corporate Website / Telematics website to be subsumed
* Prepare and conduct workshops with stakeholders as required
* Prepare and give presentations to Management
* Support project manager in definition of individual programme stages, Scope, Timelines, Resource estimates, Dependencies
* Liaise with internal and external parties to provide expertise and input where necessary
Our customer is looking for candidates with thorough knowledge of:
-Iterative/Agile Software Development
-EMC Enterprise content Management
-EMC Web content Management
-EMC Information Governance
-Java EE technologies
-HTML / HTML5 / CSS3
-MS Office 2003
-MS Outlook 2003
-IBM Rational Unified Process
-Object Oriented Analysis
Job Type : Any
Location : Frankfurt, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Roma, Madrid, Warsaw, Athens, Lisbon, Prague, Berlin, London, Manchester, Swansea, Edinburgh, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Exeter, Bristol, Birmingham
Salary : Negotiable
Date Advertised : 06 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.